We are looking for a fulltime Technical Operations Manager (IT Infrastructure) in Durban. To qualify for the role, the ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a IT Infrastructure Management role, with excellent knowledge of the latest industry technologies.
Objectives of the Role:
The Technical Operations Manager will:
- be responsible for the day-to-day operational monitoring and support of Borwood’s IT infrastructure and technical services
- manage and develop the Borwood operations team, supervising their work to ensure that it is of highest standard and that they meet the agreed KPIs and objectives that have been set for them.
- work with the broader management team to align operational resources to the overall broader business objectives
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the operational team, providing overall guidance and supervision
- Manage operational resources to ensure that the business is able to meet the service levels required and respond in a timely manner to network and server anomalies and outages
- Develop documentation related to the departmental processes which is up to date and accurately reflects the day-to-day requirements of the team, is consistent with best practise and aligned with the company’s business requirements.
- As required, manage and participate in engagements with customers to provide advice and support.
- Oversee and act as an escalation point for service requests, incidents and vendor management.
- Ensure that changes to the infrastructure are completed following relevant procedures to assure the security and reliability of the network
- Participate in network planning meetings relating to capacity, design and development of network and infrastructure services
- Ensure that there all infrastructure deployed integrates into the company’s standard monitoring, management and backup services
Necessary Experience and/or Qualification
- At least 5 years experience in managing operations teams
- At least 2 years experience in comparable role within a service provider or telecoms organisation
- Demonstrable understanding of Incident and Problem Management.
- Strong engineering background with at least 5 years experience in the IT industry
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure, and supporting large networks
- ITIL qualifications is an advantage
- Experience of ISO27001 is an advantage
Personal Skills/Competencies Required
- Strong Leadership skills
- Capable of working under pressure/using own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work closely and effectively communicate with various business stakeholders
- Able to analyse problems and provide robust but adaptable solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication Skills
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and culture
Salary: Market Related