DEPARTMENT : TECHNICAL
LOCATION : SOUTH AFRICA – DURBAN
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operational monitoring and support of Borwood’s IT infrastructure and technical services
- Management and development of the Borwood operations team, supervising their work to ensure that it is of highest standard and that they meet the agreed KPIs and objectives that have been set for them.
- Working with the broader management team to align operational resources to the overall broader business objectives
- Responsible for managing the team, systems and processes to support Borwood’s global network, hosting, security and voice services
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the operational team, providing overall guidance and supervision
- Manage operational resources to ensure that the business is able to meet the service levels required and respond in a timely manner to network and server anomalies and outages
- Manage the team, supervising their work to ensure that it is of highest standard and that they meet the agreed KPIs and objectives that have been set for them.
- Develop documentation related to the departmental processes which is up to date and accurately reflects the day-to-day requirements of the team, is consistent with best practice and aligned with the company’s business requirements.
*A detailed Job Description is available on request.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND/OR QUALIFICATION
- Experience in managing a technical/ operations teams
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in comparable role within a service provider or telecoms organisation
- Demonstrable understanding of Incident and Problem Management.
- Strong engineering background with at least 5 years’ experience in the IT industry
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure, and supporting large networks
- ITIL qualifications is an advantage
- Experience of ISO27001 is an advantage
PERSONAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Strong Leadership skills
- Capable of working under pressure/using own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work closely and effectively communicate with various business stakeholders
- Able to analyse problems and provide robust but adaptable solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and culture