DEPARTMENT : TECHNICAL
LOCATION : SOUTH AFRICA – DURBAN
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
- Maintain the reliability and security of Borwood’s global IT infrastructure, including voice, network, security and hosting elements.
- Assure ongoing IT infrastructure performance by building appropriate technical designs and configurations and providing escalation support for the infrastructure
- Provide technical advice, recommendations and support to assist Borwood sales teams in building proposals and designs for customer projects
- Support for the network and IT infrastructure
– Using appropriate tools and resources to troubleshoot IT infrastructure problems and outages
– Work with customers and Borwood staff for problem resolution
- Customer Engagement
– Work closely with the technical and account management teams to build a broad framework for successful engineering engagements with Borwood customers.
– Work closely with customer engineering and project teams to provide consulting, operational and engineering support for customer proposals and projects as required.
- Network Engineering
– Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure success of network changes
– Participate in the installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing management of network, security, hosting and voice equipment as required.
- Ensure security of the technical infrastructure
– Use appropriate configurations, tools and follow relevant procedures to assure the security of the technical infrastructure
- On-going Reporting and Monitoring
– Assist in the monitoring of key performance metrics and indicators for IT infrastructure to ensure service availability
- Knowledge Management
– Provide subject-matter expertise to assist in business development and opportunities
*A detailed Job Description is available on request.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND/OR QUALIFICATION
- 5 years+ of hands-on network engineering experience in a business focussed environment
- 3 years+ experience working directly with business customers
- 1 years+ experience in providing documented infrastructure designs aligned to business requirements
- Proven understanding of networking protocols and configurations (e.g. BGP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS)
- Proven understanding of monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Proven understanding of security features such as proxy, WAF, IPSEC / SSL VPN, IDS, and UTM services
- Experience with Fortigate firewall configurations and deployments an advantage
- Experience with Cisco Meraki SD-WAN and LAN deployments an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of physical network infrastructure
- Experience with ISO 27002 and PCI an advantage
- Experience with Sonus Voice deployments an advantage
- Relevant network certifications an advantage
- Experience working with Linux / Unix an advantage
- Strong understanding and experience working with eBGP, transit and IX peering configurations an advantage
- Knowledge / experience of SIP, G.711, and G.729 voice coding schemes, Call Admission Control an advantage
PERSONAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Strong oral and written communication skills, being able to articulate technical issues clearly
- Highly technical, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Adaptability to a fast-paced dynamic global environment with an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Multi-tasking across multiple customer and supplier technology, knowledge and operating domains
- Contribution to continuous improvement and innovation
- Adopting a thorough and organised approach to work
- Able to present, document and explain complex network configurations.